A lot of things can be added and improved. Here’s my wishlist, sorted descending on importance:
- Get this site complete, a few more things to add.
- Make some kind of reference of all Phat views and columns (requested by SN).
- The ‘Phat Case’ series. Examples of analysis’ done with Phat.
- Solve the hash_value, old_hash_value, sql_id problem in 10g. I have to decide how to identify queries.
- Usage of new 10g views and columns. A 10g branch of Phat is allready created.
- Solve bugs. There are a few. Sometimes negative values can be found for certain metrics.
- Destinctive design for this site and the blog.
- A little history about the development of Phat.
- Complete downloadable PERFSTAT dump, can be imported and used to do some quick evaluation of Phat.
- Last backport to 8i ?
- Better execution plans.
- 11g support ?
- A GUI to prevent you need tools like Toad and Excel. Maybe some kind of plugin for Oracle’s Sql Developer
- Examine if other tools can be used to do the job. Can you do copy+paste from Sql Developer to Excel without trouble ? Is there an Excel alternative ?
- Warehouse support. Merge all your PERSTAT schemas in one warehouse schema, and use Phat for analysis.
The implementation of things mentioned above depends also on you ! Give me some feedback to keep me motivated of making improvements. What is on your wishlist ? Give me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org